Seasonal Staff Scholarship Application
Summit Bechtel Reserve Seasonal Staff can apply for a scholarship by submitting the following form to the SBRSA Staff Advisor no later than ten days prior to the end of the season banquet:
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a current member of the Summit Bechtel Reserve Staff Association.
- Must be a current seasonal staff member of Summit Bechtel Reserve in good standing (A list of applicants will be reviewed by Summit Group staff to verify employment and determine eligibility based on past disciplinary action prior to applications reaching the SBRSA Scholarship Committee).
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must be enrolled full-time in an institution in the United States offering an accredited degree or certification recognized by the US Department of Education. (Requests may be made to the scholarship committee to apply this scholarship to a recognized vocational/technical school leading to a professional certification or associate’s degree)
- Must be a student in good academic standing, have a GPA of 2.5 or greater in previous undergraduate course work, 3.0 or greater for graduate course work, or passing in ungraded course work, at the time of application.
- Must complete application in full (including any additional documentation) and submit to the SBRSA’s Staff Advisor/Executive Director at least ten days prior to the Summit Bechtel Reserve’s End of Season Banquet.
- Scholarship recipients will be announced and recognized at the End of Season Banquet.
- Scholarship funds will be distributed directly to the institution being attended.
- Scholarship funds must be used for tuition, fees related to degree course work, books, or housing (in that order). All invoices and requests are subject to review and approval.
- Recipients are advised to seek professional guidance regarding the taxability of any or all scholarship proceeds.
- The Summit Bechtel Reserve Staff Association Scholarship Committee has the right to change or modify this program in any manner, effective immediately and without notice.
Make a Donation to the Scholarship Fund
(Choose Staff Scholarship Fund in the donation type menu)